10 Tips on How to Pick Out the Perfect Shoes for Your Prom or Wedding Day
Anyone who’s worn uncomfortable shoes can tell you that good shoes are essential to enjoying your big day, whether it’s senior prom or your wedding day. Sure, certain shoes may look beautiful, but if they make you want to secretly kick them off underneath a table or make you feel like you’re walking on knives they’re just not worth it! Read on for ten tips that will help your big day be both glamorous and comfortable.
- Before purchasing shoes for prom or your wedding day, consider the geography of the venue. For example, if you’re having a beach wedding, four inch heels aren’t compatible with walking in sand.
- Cute shoes are great, but go for comfort. There’s nothing worse than having painful feet during a day that’s supposed to be a fun celebration! A great way to insure your feet aren’t tortured is to break in your shoes before the big day to make sure they are comfortable.
- Another thing to consider is that feet tend to be more swollen at night. It’s a good idea to take this into account when purchasing your shoes, especially if you’re going to be on your feet for a long time.
- By the same token, unless you are accustomed to high heels, don’t use the occasion to start wearing them!
- Before the big day, wearing your shoes outdoors will insure the sole gets scuffed. Scuffed soles help keep you from slipping on slick surfaces like a dance floor. If you don’t want to wear your shoes outside before your big day, try scuffing the soles with sandpaper. The last thing you want to do is to slip in your gorgeous modest prom dress or modest wedding dress.
- Good insoles can make any shoe comfortable for all-day wear, and it’s an investment that you can reuse on other shoes in the future!
- If your event is outdoors during hot weather, putting a small amount of cornstarch in your shoes can help your feet from sweating.
- Should your shoes be tight, a cobbler can stretch out your shoes and save the wear and tear on your feet.
- Although this isn’t strictly advice on footwear, it’s also a good idea to keep a a spare pair of nylons just in case.
- Most of all, express yourself! If you want to wear Converse sneakers with your gown, go for it! Having fun on your big day is always the most important thing!