8 Modest Wedding Dress Tips You Need to Know
Whether your modest wedding dress is simple or dramatic, white or ivory, a-line or fit-and-flare, here are some tips to ordering the wedding dress of your dreams.
1. If you’re having a custom design made, be sure to have your vision in mind. Whether your inspiration comes from history or Pinterest, having a clear vision for your dress insures an easier design process and quicker delivery of your gown.
2. If you’re purchasing a dress that’s not a custom design, be sure to read the description thoroughly. Oftentimes, item descriptions will be technical, but don’t let that bog you down, and when in doubt, be sure to reach out for clarification.
3. Know your modesty needs. If necessary, the minister, priest or rabbi marrying you can help you best understand the modesty requirements for your faith or venue.
4. Make sure to communicate your time frame needs early in the process. There’s nothing worse than stressing because your dress is on a tight timeline. The best way to avoid a stressful scenario is to communicate when you need your dress as early as possible in the process.
4. Be sure to tell us if you plan on losing weight – or if you’re prone to lose or gain weight in stressful situations. There’s nothing worse than having your dress need alterations right before the big day. Please let us know if you plan on having your measurements change so we can best advise you on how to proceed with your design (pro tip: lace up backs are a great way to avoid needing alterations in the bodice!).
5. When in doubt, ask your friends and family for advice. Not sure what will flatter you best? Can’t decide between lace designs? It’s easy to get decision fatigue when planning a wedding. Ask the people who know you best when in doubt!
6. Picture your dress on your wedding day. Does it match the groom’s style? What about your bridesmaids dresses? Will it work well with your venue? Asking yourself simple questions such as these will ensure things go more smoothly on your big day.
7. Be sure you know how to best to take your measurements and make sure to supply all the measurements requested when you submit your order.
8. When in doubt, ask. If you ever have questions or concerns about your wedding dress, please feel free to ask us – that’s one of the most important parts of our job!
Do you have other advice for brides-to-be? Let us know in the comment section below!